Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I find more details about workshops being offered?
Explore the 2024 Schedule at a Glance for an overview of what to expect at the 2024 National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference. The sessions are being selected through a Request for Proposals (RFP) process currently underway and a full agenda will be posted to the website as soon as it becomes available. You can also explore the 2023 agenda to see last year’s agenda.
What is the RFP?
For the 2024 National Anti-Hunger Conference, we are conducting a request for proposals (RFP) to solicit session presentations from advocates across the country. The RFP is open until Tuesday, March 5. Questions? Check out the RFP FAQ.
Are there any flight discounts for the conference?
We have worked with United Airlines to be able to offer a discount for air travel to Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) for AHPC participants. To access discounted air fare, click on this link: ZP4D629899 which brings you to a reservation page with a pre-filled discount code.
- United MileagePlus members earn valuable miles for their travel when using the Meetings discount code.
- You may also call the United Meetings Reservation Desk Monday – Friday at (800) 426-1122 for booking assistance and reference Meetings discount code ZP4D629899.
- Booking fees are waived for Meeting reservations. International customers may contact their local United Reservation Desk.
Is there a special media registration for the conference?
- All media interested in attending any portion or all of the conference should contact Jordan Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
I’m new to the movement, will there be workshops geared towards the novice advocate?
- Yes, there will be workshops specifically geared towards the needs of new advocates, as well as sessions tailored to the most seasoned advocate.
Is there a cancellation policy for the conference?
- Conference cancellations must be received in writing no later than May 3, 2024. All cancellations are subject to a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be granted after May 3, 2024; however, substitutions without penalty are welcome. No refunds will be given for no-shows. Partial refunds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for situations involving documented flight or medical emergencies within four days of the conference start date. To be considered for a refund, request must be submitted in writing via email@example.com. Group package discounts are made available in exchange for a commitment to send a specific number of attendees to attend the conference. As such, refunds can not be provided for unused package tickets. However, you may request to substitute conference attendees at any time.
Can I transfer my registration?
- Conference registrations are transferable. If you need to transfer your registration, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions about AHPC, please email us at email@example.com.