Conference attendees have the opportunity on the third day of the conference (March 3, 2020) to go to Capitol Hill to meet with their Members of Congress and staff regarding policy priorities outlined throughout the conference.
Did you miss the AHPC Lobbying 101 Webinar? Access the webinar recording to get practical tips on how to plan your Hill visits, including how to frame your issues, craft your ask, and how to follow-up from back home.
Information for Lobby Day 2020:
Schedule for Lobby Day, Tuesday, March 3, 2020
8:00-9:00 a.m. – Lobby Day Launch Breakfast and Kickoff Remarks by Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) at the Omni, in the Palladian Room
Be sure to get a boost of inspiration and energy before heading to meet with your Members of Congress! Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) will spearhead the conference’s Capitol Hill Anti-Hunger Lobby Day Launch. As a champion of federal nutrition programs on the Senate Agriculture Committee, Senator Casey will share his keen insights on effective strategies and game-changing legislation for critical nutrition programs that address poverty and hunger in communities across America. A grab-and-go breakfast will be provided.
9:30 a.m–5:30 p.m. Capitol Hill Visits
Tips to Get You Ready to Rock Capitol Hill
Download FRAC’s Tips for Capitol Hill Visits: Arranging Your Visit (pdf).
- Need help arranging your Capitol Hill visit? Contact Lauren Badger at FRAC or Mike Glymph at Feeding America.
- Don’t forget to pick up leave-behinds!
- Fiscal Year 2021 Budget and Appropriations
- Congress Must Protect and Strengthen SNAP and Other Key Anti-Hunger Programs
- Child Nutrition Reauthorization
- USDA’s Proposed Rule to Roll Back Nutrition Standards Will Jeopardize Children’s Health and Nutrition
- Site Visits
- TEFAP In America
- TEFAP Storage and Distribution
- The charitable sector can’t solve hunger alone (orange slice)onference attendees have the opportunity on the third day of the conference to go to Capitol Hill to meet with their Members of Congress and staff regarding policy priorities outlined throughout the conference.